MAKE LASTING MEMORIES
The best things in the world aren't things at all. When making your Christmas shopping list this year, rather than rushing out to buy the latest toy that will ultimately add to the clutter of your home, consider giving your family the gift of time spent doing something special together. The greatest stories we cherish are those of shared experiences that grow into family legacies and personal histories that endure the test of time.
Northeast Indiana is an amazing place to raise a family with so many opportunities for you to make lifetime Christmas memories with your loved ones this year.
EXPERIENCE THE MAGIC OF THE SEASON
- Shipshewana Lights of Joy - Shipshewana, IN - (Nov 8 - Dec 29) - A mile-long drive-through display with more than 2 million Christmas lights.
- Wellfield Botanical Gardens Winter Wonderland - Elkhart, IN - (Nov 29 - Dec 28) - The 1/2 mile promenade pathway is aglow with a magical setting filled with light, sound, and beauty.
- 30th Annual Festival of Gingerbread at the History Center in Fort Wayne (Nov 29 - Dec 15th) with fun family events throughout the festival.
- The 25th Annual Fantasy of Lights - Fort Wayne, IN - (Nov 26 - Dec 31) This 2-mile display includes over 110 larger than life displays.
- Santa and the Reindeer at the Foellinger-Freimann Botanical Conservatory, Fort Wayne - (Dec 7, 14, & 21) While you are vistiting Santa take in all of the beautiful Victorian era Christmas decor at the conservatory.
- Winter Bash - Wabash - (Jan 2 - 3) - This festival at the Honeywell center includes indoor fun family activities for all!
BUNDLE UP FOR OUTDOOR FUN
- Ice Skating at Headwaters Park - (Nov 16 - March 1) During the cold weather months, the skating rink and concession stand are open every day.
- Shipshewana Ice Festival - Shipshewana - (Dec 27 - 28) - Professional ice carvers will be drilling and shaving blocks of ice all over Shipshewana!
- Toboggan Run at Pokagon State Park – Zoom down the Midwest’s only refrigerated toboggan run at 30 to 40 miles per hour! Through February.
- Franke Park Sledding -Enjoy free family fun in the park! Hidden behind the tree-line, is a large hill that's perfect for sledding on snowy days.
With all there is to see and do, no one can deny the enchanting allure of Christmas in NE Indiana. If you are buying or selling a home in Greater Fort Wayne, or are hoping to relocate to this beautiful thriving locale, we are here to help. Give the experienced Realtors® of Mike Thomas Associates a call today!