IT'S ALL IN THE DETAILS
With all of the steps involved in putting your home on the market, it's easy to forget that sometimes it's the little things that could make the most difference. The outside of a home is the first thing people see, whether they're browsing online listings or driving through a neighborhood. Your home might have a stunning interior, but an unkempt exterior could keep potential buyers from even stepping in the door.
SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
- Landscaping - A little elbow grease goes a long way toward getting top-dollar for your home. Mow and edge the lawn, weed your flower beds, apply a new layer of mulch, seed the yard, and trim your bushes.
- Doors & Paint - Your front door serves as a focal point of your home. Refresh your front door with a new coat of paint that complements your home's siding. Repaint any chips in the paint on your trim and posts.
- Driveway - Your driveway is the first part of your home that visitors will interact with. If your driveway is stained or dirty, power-wash it to give it new life and show how it will hold up over the long run.
- Roofs - The roof of a home represents longevity. Consider getting your roof inspected by a professional to avoid any last-minute negotiation surprises. This inspection is something you can present to potential buyers.
- Porches - The entryway of your home is vitally important. This is where buyers will get their first up-close impression of your home, where they begin to see themselves in the space. Make sure that the porch or entryway is sparkling clean with a new welcome mat. Adding a pot of flowers or a seating arrangement will help the space feel welcoming.
- Hire Help - If there are updates that you want to tackle to the exterior of your home but lack the time or energy to do so, a professional can help you solve any issues you might have. Consider hiring a professional landscaper that can help make your property look as neat and attractive as possible.
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!
Mike Thomas Associates Realtors understand the housing market and what it takes to get the most for your home. The first impression of a home sets the stage for how a potential buyer will view your house as a whole. We can connect you with landscapers, handypersons, and painters to help you make your very best first impression. Give us a call today!