SPENDING TIME IN NATURE IS ESSENTIAL TO OUR HEALTH
Outdoor temperatures make this fall weather perfect for being outside. Being outdoors is fun, but even more importantly, it’s good for the mind, body and soul. Spending time in nature is essential to our psychological and physical health, and our overall wellbeing. Studies from the University of Michigan have researched the effects of natural settings in alleviating mental weakness. As a result, they proved that nature has the ability to encourage our brain to de-stress and increase brain function. According to many scientists, breathing in phytoncides produced by plants may even help us fight off diseases and infections.
Researchers also found that memory performance and attention span improved by 20 percent after people spent an hour interacting with nature.*
FALL RECREATION IDEAS
There are many ways to make the outdoors your health get-away. New sidewalks, and trails are expanding throughout the Greater Fort Wayne region making it more convenient to get out and get moving. Visitors often travel to northeast Indiana to view the beautiful fall color changes of our trees.
HIGHLY RATED PLACES TO VISIT:
- POKAGON STATE PARK - Angola, IN. Natural lakes, hiking, fishing, horseback riding, nature center, and playgrounds. stateparks.com
- ALLEN COUNTY AREA TRAILS - Series of inter-connected biking trails. Maps at fwtrails.org
- FOX ISLAND COUNTY PARK - Southwest Allen County. Marked hiking trails, nature center, playground and bird observatory. allencountyparks.org
- OUABACHE STATE PARK - Bluffton, IN. Hiking, fishing, paved biking trails, wildlife. in.gov/dnr/parklake
- SOLOMON FARM PARK - Fort Wayne off of Dupont Rd. Family friendly trails and farm animals. fortwayneparks.org
- PINE KNOB PARK - Howe, IN. Hunting, fishing, archery trails. lagrangecountyparks.org
Heading outdoors just might be the best lift you can find. We are fortunate to be able to have incredible opportunities for great health right where we live in Fort Wayne, Auburn, Angola, LaGrange and the surrounding areas. NE Indiana is a great place to live! The Realtors® of Mike Thomas Associates know the many benefits of living in Northeast Indiana. Interested in buying or selling your home? Call today to schedule an appointment.