Summer has ended and fall is moving in. We are trading our flip-flops and swimsuits for boots and pumpkin spice lattes. Step outside and enjoy the changing leaves with their deep rich reds, golds, and oranges and breathe in the crisp autumn air. This change of seasons is not only a delight because of its beauty, but also because there is so much to do in Northeast Indiana during the fall. From harvest season with freshly picked fruits and vegetables to corn mazes, pumpkin patches, and fall festivals there is something for everyone.
• Maple Wood Nature Center – Located in beautiful LaGrange County, this northern hardwood forest is home to miles of hiking trails and is an excellent habitat for wildflowers, birds, and trees.
• Fox Island – Fox Island is known for animal sightings, its natural marshland, seasonal ponds, sand dunes, and wetland. Located on the Southwest side of Fort Wayne, this State Nature Preserve was created to protect an area filled with unique plants, animals & geographic features.
• Lindenwood Nature Preserve – Just west of downtown Fort Wayne sits a beautiful 110-acre dedicated nature preserve featuring hiking trails, a pond, and an open-air pavilion. Hiking, wildlife viewing, photography, and picnicking are a few of the activities you can enjoy at the preserve.
FALL FESTIVALS, FARMS & FUN
• Amazing Fall Fun – Through October 27th, the largest corn maze in Indiana (17 acres) is located in DeKalb County. With hayrides, a pumpkin patch, jumbo jumping pillow & so much more, there is something for everyone.
• Wild Zoo Halloween – Weekends in October at the Fort Wayne Children's Zoo, visitors can dress up and enjoy trick or treating a mini-maze, and other fun fall fun activities.
• Mississinewa 1812, Marion – Step back in time and experience the nation's largest War of 1812 living history event October 11-13 in Marion, Indiana. More than 140 artisans delight visitors with their wares and demonstrations. Food purveyors provide foods that were available in 1812.
• Fright Night in Downtown Fort Wayne – On October 19, dress up your favorite zombie and take part in the annual Zombie Walk around downtown Fort Wayne. Then make it a fun weekend by enjoying many of the spooky events and activities downtown.
• Kuehnert Dairy Farm – Weekends in October, kids of all ages will get to experience life on a working dairy farm. Admission includes farm tour, 5-acre corn maze, straw mountain, corn crib play area, hayrides, fire pits, pumpkin painting, and much much more on the NW side of Fort Wayne!
Northeast Indiana is a great place for fun in any season. If you're looking to buy or sell a home in Northeast Indiana, give us a call today!