Today's buyers are looking for tech-savvy homes. From the beginning of time, homes have been advancing both in build and amenities. Evolving from a home with no electricity to today's limitless array of technological options available to create the comfortable and efficient home of your dreams.
Smart home technology uses devices such as linking sensors, features and other appliances connected to the Internet that can be remotely monitored, controlled or accessed. Imagine also being able to manage all devices at home including curtains, TV, video, security system, lighting, and air-conditioning, using a mobile phone or internet from any place around the world. Smart homes have made this dream a reality.
Some examples of Smart Home technology are:
- The Nest – With the Nest, you can control thermostats, indoor and outdoor security cameras, smoke and carbon monoxide alarm, security system, video doorbell and more.
- Alexa Echo- Voice control your smart home. Alexa can play music, set alarms and timers, answer questions, control smart home devices, and more.
- Smart Fridge – More than just a refrigerator, it's a family hub. You can shop for food, organize family schedules, entertain, even see who is at the door, all from your fridge.
While smart home tech is ever-expanding and its popularity is on the rise, there are many advantages to consider when deciding if this new technology is something that would benefit you and your family.
- Convenience – Smart homes provide convenience and sustainable living.
- Efficiency – Smart technology allows homeowners to take control of their energy usage in a variety of ways. Smart home hubs can turn appliances off completely when not in use, eliminating energy drain.
- Entertainment – Smart entertainment devices allow you to interact with your electronics in a more seamless, natural way, whether by touch, gesture, or voice. You’ll no longer have to juggle an array of cables and buttons.
- Security – It goes without saying that security has been immensely helped by technology. A smart home gives residents the luxury of electronically monitoring every corner of their house from any location at any time.
- Working from Home – As more companies are encouraging their staff to work from home, many young homebuyers are converting a room in their home into an office with technological control at their fingertips.
Whether you're considering buying or building a home in Northeast Indiana, consider the benefits of a smart home and how it could transform your day to day life. Turn your “home sweet home” into “home smart home." Call today to find the smart home you've been searching for.