The northeast Indiana Lakes region is renowned for its spectacular scenery – a lake dappled landscape carved by retreating glaciers. The state parks in this region offer beautiful serene environments – a chance to get away from our everyday lives.
- Ouabache State Park, pronounced “Wabash”, is located just south of Fort Wayne boasts year round hiking, camping, and fishing.
- Pokagon State Park near Angola features beautiful Lake James, a charming Inn, and the state’s only refrigerated toboggan run.
- Chain O’Lakes State Park in Noble County is located only 19 miles from Fort Wayne. With its many lakes it is a boater’s paradise.
Spending time in nature promotes relaxation and good health and enriches our lives.
The ten counties that make up Northeast Indiana are home to many beautiful city and county parks as well. This list of parks barely skims the surface of all of the charm filled natural landscapes that cover Northeast Indiana.
- Steuben County Park is nestled along the eastern shoreline of 802 acre Crooked Lake and embodies the beauty of the region.
- Pigeon River Fish and Wildlife Area in LaGrange county is dedicated to providing a safe environment for hunting and fishing year round.
- Allen County Parks consist of five beautiful and diverse parks with preserved wildlife habitats, hiking, and fishing. With educational programs for every age, and seasonal activities for the whole family, there is something for everyone.
- DeKalb County, the “Hub of Transportation Heritage,” is home to nine museums, covered bridges, and beautiful county parks. It’s no wonder that so many people choose to call this part of the country home. If you are looking to buy or sell a home in any part of Northeast Indiana, Mike Thomas Associates Realtors® has four regional offices that specialize in connecting buyers and sellers. We would be happy to help you find the right environment for you and your family. Give us a call today.