REGIONAL PROGRESS IN 2019
Over the last decade, Northeast Indiana has made tremendous strides toward the rejuvenation and restoration of this beautiful region. With many projects in the works, here are a few key ventures that saw completion in 2019.
- Promenade Park - Fort Wayne, IN - The first phase of the Riverfront Fort Wayne Project is now open and features a tree-top canopy trail, kids' canal, various performance pavilions, gardens, and innovative playground.
- Northeast Indiana United Trails Group - Steuben County - The northern segment of the Steuben County Bike Trail has been completed. Named the Poka-bache Trail, this regional bike trail network will eventually connect Pokagon State Park with Ouabache State Park and will make it the longest trail in the state when complete.
- Sixth and Main Revitalization - Auburn, IN - With the revitalization efforts of Sixth and Main, the new look and feel of this area has made downtown Auburn more pedestrian-friendly and made it a destination for visitors.
- LaGrange County - ACRES Land Trust has acquired a 126-acre property surrounding Quog Lake in LaGrange County, Indiana, ensuring permanent protection of a rare quaking bog and its notably unique ecology.
- The Landing - Fort Wayne, IN - This new revitalized section of thriving Fort Wayne is home to tech start-ups, local businesses, shops and restaurants. Any time of day the life and energy of the region can be felt here.
"Northeast Indiana's vigorous economic growth and
ever-advancing quality-of-life point to a promising future."
2020 LOOKING TO THE FUTURE
At a time when other states are raising taxes to keep up with mounting state debt, Indiana is in a position to actually lower taxes. With all of the transformation happening here, businesses can benefit from investing in Northeast Indiana's future today. The corporate income tax rate is steadily decreasing each year from the current 5.75% to 4.9% by 2021 . With nearly $900 million worth of transformative projects planned for the next decade, Northeast Indiana is in the midst of a major transformation. Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership
- Riverfront Project - Fort Wayne, IN - Within the next 12 to 18 months construction will begin on the second and third phases of highly anticipated riverfront development project surrounding Fort Wayne's waterways.
- Ruoff Mortgage - Fort Wayne, IN - Ruoff Home Mortgage, a full-service residential mortgage company, plans to build their corporate headquarters in downtown Fort Wayne. The project includes a $43.5 million investment and approximately 110,000 of leasable square feet.
- Arts Campus - Fort Wayne, IN - Plans have been laid for the renovation, preservation, and expansion of the downtown Arts Campus as a boldly accessible, connected and welcoming regional destination.
- East Allen's Rural Revival - Plans through 2021 to invest $65 million in qualitiy of life improvements in our rural communities.
The word is out that Northeast Indiana is one of the best places nationally to do business. With momentum and national recognition at an all-time high, now is the time to relocate to this thriving region. If you would like more information on relocation, please give Mike Thomas Associates Realtors® a call today!