In real estate, an attractive exterior can make or break a home sale. The mild temperatures this winter has had most people thinking spring already. The local housing market in Greater Fort Wayne and Northeast Indiana is taking off, and if you are planning on selling your home this spring, now is the time to take a good look at your curb appeal.
First impressions are important. In this digital age people make instant decisions on whether or not to take a look at a new home for sale based on online photos.
The goal of curb appeal is not only to increase your appraisal value, but more importantly to get buyers interested and have them actually step inside your home.
SIMPLE TIPS THAT ATTRACT BUYERS:
- Pressure-wash any dirty siding and deck as well as any oil-stained
driveways or faded sidewalks.
- Paint the front door, trim or shutters. A bright colored front door that complements your house color will really make your home stand out.
- Spruce up your porch containers, window boxes and front beds with some colorful flowers for an instant lift.
- Install new house numbers if yours are old or faded.
- Update exterior lighting fixtures and add solar lights to walkways.
- Hide your water hose in a storage bench or pot and keep trash bins out of sight.
Selling a house can be a complex process. A Realtor® can help you at every stage, from setting a price to marketing the property to closing the sale. Contact us today to get your home sold in Northeast Indiana.
- MIKE THOMAS ASSOCIATES: Acquires New Office in LaGrange, IN and welcomes 12 new agents to the team
- TALIS PARK (New Subdivision in NW Fort Wayne):
“New Home Tour” Featuring Four New Home Builders
March 25th - 26th (1pm - 5pm) visit oakmontdevelopment.com